Terms and Conditions
• A minimum deposit of 20% (minimum $30) is required when booking a tattoo appointment. The deposit is payable via Internet Banking or can be made at our studio at the time of booking.
• Once a deposit has been received, we will discuss and book an appointment that suits you and our team. Please ensure that you book your tattoo appointment on a day where you have no set plans immediately after your appointment. Give yourself plenty of time and do not rush the artist.
• We require a minimum of one week’s notice if you would need to rearrange your appointment. The deposit is non-refundable if you fail to provide one week’s notice of cancellation or do not attend your scheduled appointment..
• Please do not come to your tattoo appointment if you are feeling unwell. Just give us as much notice as you can, at least 24 hours before your appointment. Bear in mind that you may still be contagious even if you feel you have recovered from symptoms. If you have been suffering from a cold, flu, a cough, temperature, or a sickness bug for example, and have started to feel better, it may still be ok to rearrange. We are a small business, and staff illness has a big impact on us – so please don’t come in unless you’re sure you are no longer contagious. A medical certificate will be required to prove you were not able to make your appointment. We will try to be as flexible as possible in these cases.
• If you cancel because you are ill or recovering from illness, we will give you a period (usually 30 days) in which you must reschedule your appointment. Your deposit will be carried over to the new appointment. If you are ill a second time and give less than one week’s notice prior to your second appointment, the deposit will then become non-refundable.
• If you arrive more than 20 mins late for your appointment, the time missed will be charged at our hourly rate and will be in addition to the cost of your tattoo once you arrive. We reserve the right not to tattoo you if you arrive leaving insufficient time for us to complete your tattoo.
• Some custom drawings/tattoo designs are available before your tattoo appointment if discussed and agreed with your artist. A fee is required for this service. We ask clients to look through our tattoo portfolio and reviews on Instagram, Google and Facebook before booking. There is generally time on the day to discuss your design and ask for small changes.
• Under the Piercing of the Skin code of practice regulation, it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to get a tattoo without parental consent. We reserve the right to refuse to tattoo you for any reason. All customers will need to bring proof of age with them on the day, in the form of photo ID such as a passport or driving license.
• Avoid drinking alcohol 24 hours prior to your appointment. Make sure you have eaten properly prior to your appointment and bring snacks or food with you.
• If you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or we suspect that you are, we cannot tattoo you. You will be asked to leave, and your deposit will not be refunded.
• On the day of your appointment, a consent form will be provided for you to fill out. You will be expected to disclose information about health conditions and medications. Certain conditions, medications, or medical histories will mean that we are not able to tattoo you. If this is the case, your deposit will be refunded. If you would like to view the consent form beforehand, please contact us.
• We do not undertake offensive / racist tattoos.
• Aftercare of Tattoo: A tattoo should be treated as a medical procedure as it punctures the skin. It is your responsibility to care for your new tattoo and follow the artist’s aftercare advice. We strongly recommend using aftercare products specifically made for tattoos. Failure to use appropriate aftercare products may result in impaired healing of the tattoo. We will provide you with aftercare instructions and we sell aftercare cream at the studio.
• Modify Tattoo and Piercing studio reserves the right to refuse to tattoo you for any reason.